Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fire & Ice: Vintage and from the Closet

My favorite color is blue. However, that doesn't meant that I can't appreciate every other color on the spectrum. To me, tangerine is an intriguing color because it is warm, yet it is also cool. It has a lot of red in it, so you get the seduction of red with the energy of orange. Yet, it's deepness yields it a mystique that's much more complex than plain red or orange. With my love of blue in mind, I decided to explore a fire and ice combo straight from my very own closet.





This outfit is an Ashley Stewart, Lane Bryant, Simply Fashion combination. I bought the top from Ashley Stewart in summer of 2005 and the shoes from Simply Fashion in 2006. The sparkly, crystalline blue sequined mini skirt is from Lane Bryant and was bought in 2001. It's my favorite skirt. This top coordinates well with this Venezia skirt because the trim is satiny and silky like the top. Further, the iridescence of the sequins highlight shades of fiery orange and pink that match the top perfectly. In fact, the iridescence of the sequins of the skirt take it from being the boogie down dream of a snow party queen to being a Daemonfeueress ( Thanks Grimm)in full flame. The shoes nude colored open toe pumps by Jamie Nicole from Simply Fashion. The shoes make your legs look long and shapely and feet look pretty while not overpowering the blue or the orange. If I had the gold or, better yet silvery aqua and copper bangle bracelets to match with this assemble, I would have. Otherwise, I think it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment