Sunday, December 12, 2010

Near Perfection!

I have made Simplicity's It's So Easy: It's Simplicity pattern no. W2688 two more times. With the assistance of my lovely model Ree and her sister Mariah, my mom's doll, here are the finished products:









Ree & Mariah





Mariah & Ree






The Metamorphasis





Facings

I finally nailed the facings. Initially, I followed the pattern instructions when attaching the neckline facing to the bodice. These instructions require that the facing be sewn in after the skirt is attached to the bodice. Using that method, I found that the facing kept rolling over the neckline edge. So, I watched the Threads' Teach Yourself to Sew Tutorials about facings. In the facings video, Judith Neukam explained that it's best to sew in the facings before you sew the side seams of the bodice and attach it to the skirt. Using Judith Neukam's instructions, I attached the facings and it was smooth sailing afterward.

Sleeve Bindings

My sleeve bindings came out so much better. I am still working on perfecting them. On Mariah's dress the left sleeve binding is narrower than the right sleeve binding as well as the sleeve bindings on Ree's dress.


Finishing edges

My goal is to work on finishing edges next. I am still trying to decide between finishing my edges with my sewing machine and finishing my edges with a serger.


No comments:

Post a Comment