Friday, December 31, 2010

Power tools of Fashion

I love fashion design and sewing. Design comes to me naturally. However, sewing gives me the charge - that sensation that Tim "The Toolman" Taylor gets when he uses a power tool. When I am sewing, particularly when I get into a rhythm and pick up speed on the machine, I become hypnotized by the up and down motion of the needle I just love it! Right now, I own a Brother SE-270 Sewing and Embroidery machine. My favorite feature of this sewing machine is the thread cassette. It makes threading so much easier. I've not yet used the embroidery features of my sewing machine. However, I will begin teaching myself embroider, knit, and crochet after I have mastered sewing. I even considered learning how to make my own fabric on a loom.

Equipment of my Dreams

The Babylock Ellisimo has certainly piqued my interest. It is a beautiful sewing machine with a TrueView WVGA Color Touch Screen digital display, Nevermiss Automatic Needle Threader, Needle Cam, Stadium Lighting, Automatic Embroidery Poisitioning, and for computer geeks like me, three USB ports and a Mouse. Aesthetically speaking, it is gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous! Its metallic gold and white.
Image Source:Babylock.com


That is my dream machine. It's absolutely beautiful and I super want it!


After my dream machine, my favorite sewing tool is my 45mm Fiskars Rotary Cutter with the loop handle.
Image Source: Fiskars Rottary Cutter


Though, I talk about my dream machine, I have to give credit to my current sewing machine,


It is a Brother SE-270D Sewing & Embroidery Unit. I love it, because it has a thread cassette unit for automatic threading. It is pretty superb and it was under 500.00. I have made all of the sewing projects that I posted to this site with this machine. The next major power tool of fashion that I am going to buy is a serger. I will be discussing this in Part 2 of this article.

- Warita Winbush

1 comment:

  1. Wow. thank you so much for this help. These kind of information is what gets people going and keep on going back to your blog. Good job.
    onesies for adults australia

    ReplyDelete