Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fashionable Beginnings

I have been designing clothes since I was about 5 years old. My love for fashion began when I used to watch the movies "Gone with the Wind" and "The North and the South" with my mother. I loved the antebellum dresses! I used to call them cake dresses. They were the first fashions that I ever designed. I wanted one so badly that I would draw them all the time. I would draw birds, rainbows, houses, trees, clouds, the solar system, and antebellum dress. Eventually, when I was about 7 or 8, I started drawing other types of fashions. Fashion Design is truly a passion of mine. I just love it. The thing that I'd have problems with is sewing. I came across the Threads' Teach Me to Sew tutorials on YouTube around the 15th of October 2010 and I have been sewing ever since. So far, I have made a size 5 girl's dresses. I will be discussing it in the next blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment